Thursday, April 21, 2011

MSRL: Lovers Premiere, Adrianne Byrd, Romance Writing at its Best

Lovers Premiere (Kimani Romance)Lovers Premiere by Adrianne Byrd

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I'm a very picky reader and I'm especially picky about my "romance" novels. Adrianne Byrd is an excellent writer of the quick-romance genre. Her writing is simple but not too cheesy, and definitely not urban lit. She also does an excellent job at intertwining contemporary topics and issues into her novels. This is definitely the case with Lovers Premiere, a book about life in the glitz and glamour of Hollywood. I also like that she writes from the perspective of Black women, the single life of Black women and men, and manages to have characters who are well rounded, educated, and professional. I look forward to reading more from this author.



View all my reviews



Thanks for reading and supporting my summer reading list! Read More! Follow me on Twitter: @ivywriter

No comments:

Post a Comment