Friday, April 13, 2012

MSRL: Review - Flavor by Rocco DiSpirito


FlavorFlavor by Rocco DiSpirito
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I think that everyone agrees that Rocco DiSpirito is one of the hottest chefs out there today, but for me, that's where this book ends. Flavor, has a little too much flavor for me. And while I love the book's colorful display of ingredients and how they're laid out on each page for each recipe, as well as the vibrant, vivid photos, I think that some of the recipes like Eggplant Veloute with Figs or Black Sea Bass with Chestnuts and Blood Oranges, just to name a couple, are out of reach for the "common" cook. This book is definitely a "look" book but someone like me just wants regular recipes for regular people.  I'm not sure who the audience is for these recipes, but I for one, won't have time in most busy days or weekends to craft most of these difficult looking recipes.

Thanks for reading my reviews.

See more of my book reviews at http://mysummerradinglist.blogspot.com

See more cookbook reviews at http://cookbookingschool.wordpress.com

View all my reviews

Thanks for reading and supporting my summer reading list!
 Follow me on Twitter: @ivywriter
 Follow me on Goodreads, www.goodreads.com/ivywriter

No comments:

Post a Comment