MSRL: Favorite Children's Books! Please Share Here!

 Someone recently challenged me to write a children's book. While children's books have not been my main focus for writing, I'm am slowly but surely considering the idea. As a part of my "research", I'm reflecting on what some of my favorite children's books were growing up. Having no children of my own, I'm somewhat out of the loop on what the current popular children's books are. I'm also very partial to books of
children's poetry , but I do remember some of the other fun books my teachers made me read and some I discovered on my own, that I came to love.









Here's just a partial list of my favorites from the past (circa 1980s):
  • Where The Sidewalk Ends - by Shel Silverstein
  • Honey, I Love - by Eloise Greenfield
  • A Light In The Attic - by Shel Silverstein
  • Falling Up - by Shel Silverstein
  • Superfudge - by Judy Blume
  • The Diary of Anne Frank - by Anne Frank
  • Charlotte's Web  - by E.B. White
  • Amelia Bedelia - by Peggie Parish
  • Corduroy - by Don Freeman
  • The Velveteen Rabbin - by Margery Williams
  • The Tale of Peter Rabbit - by Beatrix Potter
  • James and the Giant Peach - by Roald Dahl
    A great resource for Top 100 Children's Books created by teachers:
    http://www.teachersfirst.com/100books.cfm

    Please share your favorites here!

    Kellea
    editor, my summer reading list

    Comments