MSRL: The Oprah Magazine Cookbook


O, The Oprah Magazine CookbookO, The Oprah Magazine Cookbook by O: The Oprah Magazine
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

One of my most recent library book finds is The Oprah Winfrey Magazine Cookbook. Where do I begin? First, it's Oprah so we shouldn't expect anything less than great. Second, while the recipes are gourmet, they are not so much so that regular folks like you or I couldn't make them.  Third, it's a very colorful cookbook with fantastic photos on each page, just like I like them. For someone like me, cookbooks are like children't picture books and The Oprah Winfrey Magazine Cookbook will appeal to the inner child in all of us.  A few of the most appealing recipes are: Ropa Vieja (slow-simmered steak and bell pepper stew), Buster Crab Lettuce & Tomato Po' Boy, Egg Salad with Tarragon Mustard, Cabbage-Wrapped Salmon Steamed in Wine, Caesar Pasta with Baby Romaine & Parmesan, and of course a dessert, Carrot Cake with Soy Cream Cheese Frosting.  This will definitely be a book to add to my collection and a kitchen standard.


Thank you for reading my review.

See more of my reviews on Goodreads  at http://www.goodreads.com/ivywriter and on my blog at http://cookbookingschool.wordpress.com


Follow me on twitter: @ivywriter


View all my reviews



Thanks for reading and supporting my summer reading list! Read More! Follow me on Twitter: @ivywriter

Comments